DRS Technical Services Awarded $24 Million Contract for IT Support Services in Afghanistan
Highlights / Key Facts:
• DRS Defense Solutions, LLC announced today that its Technical Services business unit has received a contract to perform information technology support services and provide network service personnel for U.S. forces located at Bagram Airfield in Afghanistan.
• The total value of the firm fixed-price contract, including all options, is $23,500,937. The contract was awarded by the CENTCOM Contracting Command, Bagram Regional Contracting Center.
• These services will assist the United States Forces – Afghanistan (USFOR-A) in achieving full interoperability of the resident Command, Control, Communications and Computer Information (C4I) systems utilized by U.S., Allied and Coalition forces on and off the battlefield.
• The effort will meet the requirement for resident C4I assistance of one enterprise program that supports planning, program management, integration, operation and maintenance of the Combined Joint Operations Area – Afghanistan (CJOA-A) communications and computer networks for the Afghanistan Area of Responsibility.
• DRS Technical Services, Inc., headquartered in Herndon, VA, provides turnkey, full lifecycle communications and security systems to defense and homeland security organizations as well as other federal, state and international government organizations.
• Dr. Mitchell Rambler, president of DRS Technical Services and senior vice president of DRS Defense Solutions: “With this competitive win, DRS Technical Services continues to provide essential IT support services to U.S. Forces in Southwest Asia. This work builds on years of support and experience in the Joint NETOPS Control Center Iraq, seamlessly moving to the Joint NETOPS Control Center Afghanistan. Our extensive resources and services are there to support U.S. contingency operations wherever required.”
About DRS Defense Solutions:
DRS Defense Solutions, LLC, a wholly owned subsidiary of DRS Technologies, Inc., a Finmeccancia Company is headquartered in Bethesda, MD, with more than 3400 employees around the globe. DRS Defense Solutions provides advanced products, services and systems integration in the areas of intelligence and sensor technologies, security, cyber warfare, sonar, communications, electronic warfare, training systems, satellite communications, control systems and unmanned technologies.
Richard M. Goldberg
Senior Vice President
Public Affairs and Communications
Brian T. Gallagher
Director, Public Affairs and Communications